CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

1 1/2 years old!!!!!

So today I am 18 months old! My mama canNOT believe how time has flown by. People try to tell her this ALL the time, but she now knows it's true. She keeps telling me to stop growing (as of last week, I had barely broken the 21 pound mark, so I think some growing wouldn't hurt) and stay little. I think that's why she's not trying as hard as she should be--even though she tells everyone she is---at ditching my paci because it's one of the few things that keeps me baby-like. So she won't forget, mama wanted to list some things (in no particular order) about me at 18 months.
*I love talking about myself. I sometimes refer to myself as "Aah-yee", but other times say "Aah-see" (Allison). These days, it's about 50/50. I know that both names belong to me. Just about every time I trip, fall down, drop something, etc., I will say "Whoa, Aah-see!". Pretty cute.
*I've gotten much pickier in what I will eat than I used to be. I love things that aren't nutritious (who doesn't?), but am not much of a meat eater. I will still eat veggies okay, but not great. I love bananas (ma-NAs), grapes (balls), goldfish (bish), waffles (bancakes), cheese (cheese), and various other things depending on my mood. Sometimes I would just rather smush the food in between my fingers and then say "Miiii-yee bite!" and give it to my canine sister.
*I still love bathtime with Da-da and love to name all of my body parts (head, hair, eyes, nose, ear, cheek, mouth, tongue, teeth, shoulder, arm, hand, finger, belly, knee, feet, toes). I am almost always in my best mood in the evenings after I've had my bath. Sometimes my parents are amazed at the difference in temperaments before and after. Like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (they say).
*I love Dora and Boots. They think I'm a little racist because I think that both Diego and the Asian girl (ok, Asian girl? Who's racist now? j/k) are Daw-ry, too. Well, they all look alike to me! Anyway, I like a lot of shows/characters (but they are so thankful I don't care for Yo! Gabba Gabba) and want them to be on the TV but I don't actually want to watch them. What happened to the good ol' days when I would sit and watch an entire episode of Baby Einstein? Well, I'm much too busy for that now.
*Still want to be OUTSIDE 24/7. If I'm getting impatient, I will say "Mama SHOES! Aah-yee SHOES! KIZE (my strange word for outside)!
*They are loving it now that I string 2-3 words together instead of just saying one word at a time. They still brag that I'm pretty smart. They also find it sweet when I say "(Fill in the blank) kiss!" (i.e. mama, dada, mih-yee, eesie, pop-pop, kk, big da, lou, dee, darcy, etc., etc.).
*I like to go "ni-ni", which, of course, doesn't really mean that I want to go night-night! It just means that I want to go play/jump in my crib.
* I love to talk about 'cool' (school) and all of my friends and teachers. If you ask me who's at school, I will start listing. "Ashee, Mand-ee, Shar-ee, Ray-ray, Ky-ee, Owee (Owen), Cade, Just-y, Mad-ee, etc.
*Speaking of school, still the same old story with naptime there. They can't figure out what they've done wrong at home. At school, I will lie right down in my bed and sleep for 2 1/2 hours +. They have always said that I'm the first one down and that they usually have to wake me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I have napped 2 1/2 hours in my crib TOTAL in 18 months. I will nap pretty good on the couch, but if you try to put me in the crib, you'll pay. They will definitely make some naptime parenting adjustments with the next baby.
*Paci issue update---well, there really is no update. The other day, mama tried to hide them all. I can usually find one or three lying around the house, but on this particular day she tried to be sneaky. Well, I walked around the house in search, every now and then calling "Paci......paci.......paci????" After searching for what seemed like an eternity, I panicked a little. So then it became, "PACI!!!!!!!! PACI??!?!?!?? PAAAAAAAAAAACCIIIIIIIIII!" Mom was weak and gave in shortly thereafter. She said if you could see the pure joy on my face when I see one, you wouldn't think me having a paci was the end of the world.
*I can be a big head shaker/nodder and say 'uh-huh' and 'uh-uh' a lot.
* I get frustrated when I'm saying a word that makes perfectly good sense to me, but no one else can figure it out. Recently, I even got so mad I threw a book when mama couldn't decipher my toddler-ese. Got a little dizzy from all the head shaking, too.
*I'm sure there's lots more, but I think we'll stop for now. 18 months is a fun age! But they say they have already seen plenty of glimpses into the so-called terrible twos. I AM advanced, after all. ;)

Posted by Picasa
seriously, look at my shirt! I am cutting some teeth on the bottom (in between those 4 front ones and my molars), and hopefully they will pop through SOON!

2 comments:

Weezie said...

Wow! Time is flying!!! Her hair is getting long- no more mullet talk! She is so cute!!!!

jjacobs57 said...

How many treats did you have to give Millie to make her pose with Allie in the main pic? :) Too cute!