CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 21st, Laura!

So my little sis is 21! Can't believe it. We had a great weekend! Because we love her so much, we went down to 'The Plains' (augh) to celebrate with her. We went to eat at Niffer's (sp?) and then back to her cute apartment to eat cake and open gifts. She, along with Will, Brent, and her sweet roommate Lauren were busy cleaning all morning, I'm sure, since supposedly there were 60 people there helping her celebrate last night. Fun times. Sigh.

We also had a first at our house--the first non-family babysitter! Yea! We are so blessed to have grandparents who keep Allie so much for us, but we decided it was time to have a babysitter here in Birmingham, since non of our family lives here. Miss Mandy is one of her teachers at 'school' and when I found out that she babysits, I immediately snatched her right up for this weekend! Even though we didn't have anything planned to do, it was nice to get out, eat a quiet dinner, and see a movie. Don't forget the box of tissues if you go see Marley and Me. It was so great not to have to worry about leaving Allie upset with someone she didn't know. She loves "Man-ee" and was excited to see her (although a little confused as to why she was at our house). I didn't have to explain a thing since she is with her almost as much as I am. I'm a little envious at how good she is with the paci when Mandy is around. She doesn't have it AT ALL at school (what!?!?!) and Mandy took it from her as soon as we left and she never asked for it the whole night! I. Am. Stunned. Of course, the minute I pick her up every day, the first thing she says to me is "Paci?" We're working on it....well, not really, but we plan to work on it in the near future.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: